Penny Healey and her team mate Thomas Susca
Who together won the team GOLD medal
at the European Junior cup in Slovenia
Shropshire Junior Archery
Recently 15 Shropshire Junior Archers competed in the West Midland Archery Society Regional intercounty Shoot at King Edward V1 School in Handsworth Birmingham.
Shropshire won the competition and retained the trophy beating teams from Warwickshire-Staffordshire-Worcestershire and Herefordshire all the squad of 15 shot well but at the end only the top 8 scores made the team to lift the trophy.
The shoot also incorporated WMAS v East Midland AS which WMAS won having 4 Shropshire archers in their team.
The Shropshire team consisted of archers aged from 10 years to 17 years and all of them represented the County their clubs and the Sport brilliantly wearing their shirts with pride.
The squad :
Rhian Costall, Megan Costall, Leah Ferriday, Nathan Ferriday, Jessica Hulse, Katie Tonkinson, Lauren Rawlings, Luke Yates, Penny Healey, Robbie Gillman, Toby Wiggin, Tom Wiggin, Katie Mundy-Gill, Violet Walker and Lewis Bodkin.
If you are interested in trying archery go to the Shropshire Archery Society web site and you will find details of all the clubs in Shropshire. The sport caters for all abilities and ages and all the clubs have a junior section.
Shropshire Junior Team Manager
- Open to all juniors (up to 18) who want to improve their archery.
- All bow styles are welcome.
- Archers will need to have their own personal equipment including a minimum of 6 arrows. There will be an emphasis of working towards or taking part in competition and archers should be able to show evidence of having shot at least three rounds.
- Archers need to be accompanied by an adult.
- It is desirable that the junior should have a personal coach. Where this is not possible efforts will be made to pair the junior with a personal coach.
- The sessions will aim to support the work with the personal coach to achieve continuity of coaching.
- They will take place bi-monthly at Eaton Manor. The sessions will be subsidised by the County but a small charge on the day will be taken to help cover costs.
- Sessions run between 1:30 and 4:30.
Page 2 of 3